Environmental Protection Policy
The company's environmental policy is to prevent the environment being damaged, in particular due to our Ship management and operation of ships trading worldwide.
The Company objectives are:
To run a flawless operation with zero spills and to continuously improve environmentally sound performance and pollution prevention from the following sources:
- Zero Spills of Oil, associated products/chemicals
- Zero Spills of Noxious Liquid Substances
- Sewage discharge to be in strict accordance with Marpol Annex IV criteria.
- Zero discharge of Dangerous goods to the environment
- Garbage discharge to be in strict accordance with Marpol Annex V criteria.
- Ballast water to be in strict accordance with the ballast water management plan.
- Zero Discharge of Ozone Depleting Substances (ODS)
- As per MLC 2006, noise and vibration levels shall be maintained and monitored in accordance with the ships build criteria and any deviation to be reported to the company.
- Zero application of Anti Fouling paints
To establish and maintain procedures to limit the impact of our operations on the environment
These objectives will be achieved by:
- The systematic identification and assessment of sources of marine and atmospheric pollution;
- Minimising adverse environmental impacts and waste generation;
- Ensuring the safe and responsible disposal of residual wastes;
- Developing contingency plans for dealing with potential pollution incidents;
- Developing reporting arrangements for all pollution incidents or near-miss occurrences that could have resulted in pollution;
- Promoting the use of equipment and practices that minimise waste generation;
- Establishing reduction targets to minimise discharge pollutants;
- Comply with national and international regulations such as but not limited to MARPOL and meet the requirements of ISO 14001, EU and US regulations;
- Environmentally orientated training for both ship-based and shore-based employees;
- To keep our employees on board ashore currently updated regarding the environmental regulations considering sea transportation
All employees on board and ashore shall comply with this policy at all times. This policy is to be displayed in prominent locations on board the ships and in DS-tankers’ offices.
This policy is available to any interested party upon request.