The company's environmental policy is to prevent the environment being damaged, in particular due to our Ship management and operation of ships trading worldwide.
The Company objectives are:
- To run a flawless operation with zero spills and to continuously improve environmentally sound performance and pollution prevention.
- To establish and maintain procedures to limit the impact of our operations on the environment.
These objectives will be achieved by:
- The systematic identification and assessment of sources of marine and atmospheric pollution.
- Minimising adverse environmental impacts and waste generation.
- Ensuring the safe and responsible disposal of residual wastes.
- Developing contingency plans for dealing with potential pollution incidents.
- Developing reporting arrangements for all pollution incidents or near-miss occurrences that could have resulted in pollution.
- Promoting the use of equipment and practices that minimise waste generation;
- Establishing reduction targets to minimise discharge pollutants.
- Establishing requirements for ballast water exchange.
- Comply with national and international regulations such as but not limited to MARPOL and meet the requirements of ISO 14001, EU and US regulations.
- Environmentally orientated training for both ship-based and shore-based employees.
- To keep our employees on board ashore currently updated regarding the environmental regulations considering sea transportation.
All employees on board and ashore shall comply with this policy at all times. This policy is to be displayed in prominent locations on board the ships and in DS-tankers’ offices.
This policy is available to any interested party upon request.